Buying a new air conditioning system or other large investment for your home can be a daunting experience. But what if you got rewarded for upgrading your home’s appliances to newer, more efficient options? You can!
Duke Energy has announced their 2017 energy improvement incentives. Now, it’s easier than ever to improve the comfort and quality of your home for less. Read on to learn what energy improvement incentives are available and how you can get your rebate!
2017 Duke Energy Heat Pump Rebates
Thinking about investing in a new heat pump for your home? Duke Energy is offering energy improvement incentives on new heat pumps for homeowners. Here are the details:
How to Get Your Heat Pump Rebate
If you’ve participated in a free Home Energy Check within the past two years and received a recommendation for a new heat pump, you can get as much as $800 in incentives. Here’s what to do:
1. Complete the Free Home Energy Check (HEC): Call (877) 574-0340 to schedule a visit. Alternatively, you can complete your HEC online or by phone. If you’ve already done a Home Energy Check in the last two years, you’re good to go!
2. Find a Contractor: Find a licensed, qualified contractor in your area and schedule an appointment.
3. Start Saving: When you upgrade your heating and cooling equipment, you will start saving! Have your contractor help you fill out of the rebate form and send it in and that’s it!
2017 Heat Pump Rebate Details
How much is the heat pump rebate worth? This depends on the type of heat pump you have installed.
– Existing strip heat to a minimum 15 SEER, 8.2 HSPF heat pump: $375
– Less efficient heat pump to a minimum of 15 SEER, 8.2 HSPF heat pump: $200
– Existing strip heat to a minimum 17 SEER, 9.0 HSPF heat pump: $800
– Less efficient heat pump to a minimum of 17 SEER, 9.0 HSPF heat pump: $600
Additional Energy Improvement Incentives That Will Save You Money
Did you know Duke Energy will pay you $30 towards a $60 ductwork test for the first heating and cooling system tested in your home? Better yet, for each additional system in your home, you’ll be eligible for a $20 incentive towards a $40 ductwork test! Duke Energy will also pay the first $150 of your ductwork repair contractor’s invoice.
If your insulation is less than or equal to R-19 and you upgrade to R-38 or higher, Duke Energy will pay for 19 cents for each square foot installed, up to $200.
Duke Energy offers an incentive of $2 a square foot, up to $400 for installation of high-performance replacement windows. The windows must meet an SHGC of equal to or less than 0.25 and a U-factor of less than or equal to 0.35. Only windows facing South, East or West qualify.
Learn More at Blair’s Air Conditioning
If you have been thinking about buying a new heat pump for your home, now is a great time to invest. Take advantage of these great savings from Duke Energy and give us a call today to schedule your 100% Free Estimate for a new AC system! In addition, we always offer great specials and AC financing options to make your new system affordable. Contact us today to learn more.