Is your air conditioning system in need of replacement? While buying a new air conditioning system for your home can be a daunting experience, there are lots of ways you can cut costs when investing.
With TECO’s Heating & Cooling Program, you can earn a rebate when you replace your old, inefficient air conditioning system with a new, energy-efficient system that meets TECO’s energy-saving standards. Read on to learn what energy improvement incentives are available and how you can get your rebate!
Qualifying Systems Include:
- Heat pumps that are 15 SEER or greater are eligible for a rebate of $135.00
- Straight cool and natural gas heaters that are 15 SEER or greater are eligible for a rebate of $135.00 (for this rebate, a new furnace is required)
- Heat pump mini-splits that are 15 SEER or greater are eligible for a rebate of $135.00
- Geothermal systems that are 12 EER or greater are eligible for a 135.00
- A minimum SEER of 15 is required to participate
- Geothermal systems are eligible with a minimum EER of 12
- Ductless heat pump mini-split systems that have a minimum SEER of 15 are eligible for a rebate (the rebate is based on the number of condensing units)
How Can I Get My Rebate?
Getting your rebate is easy. All you have to do is complete the Heating & Cooling rebate application. Before filling out your application, make sure to have the following information ready:
- Your Tampa Electric account number
- AHRI reference sheet
- Paid receipt/invoice (proof of purchase)
Simply submit the information above to claim your rebate. Tampa Electric requires the contractor to deduct the rebate amount from the customer’s invoice and show the rebate amount as a separate line item on the customer’s invoice. Once this is complete, the rebate will be paid directly to the contractor. The contractor or homeowner should complete and submit the Heating & Cooling rebate application within 90 days after installation is complete. Once you submit the application, you will receive an enrollment number that you can use to access your application. If you have questions, call TECO at 813-275-3909.
Learn More at Blair’s Air Conditioning
If you have been thinking about buying a new heat pump for your home, now is a great time to invest. Take advantage of these great savings from Duke Energy and give us a call today to schedule your 100% Free Estimate for a new AC system! In addition, we always offer great specials and AC financing options to make your new system affordable. Contact us today to learn more.